This article will show that homosexuality is passed down from the parents and is not a choice. (I would not care if it were a choice, but my writing is an attempt to explain why laws denying homosexuals rights are wrong and are prejudicial or simply from ignorance.) I took all this information from about 12 articles and study abstracts.
INTRODUCTION: There are many ways people are born homosexual, and we are in our infancy in researching this subject. Conservative websites downplay the number of gays in the world, because they are trying to discourage further research into the subject, to hide the results from us. They skew the results of past tests, claiming that because gene sequencing is the same when one identical twin is straight and one is gay, then it “proves” it is not genetic and that’s the end of the story. (Actually, that’s just the beginning of the story.)
In the studies the word “environment” is used, but the conservative sites see that word to mean the social environment, when in the experiments the environment often meant the chemical environment in the womb.
The conservative site never mentions the huge subject of epi-genetics, which is research that is currently exploding with new information about genes. Epi-genetics involves epi-markers that are on genes (epi-markers wrap around DNA and make the decisions for that part of the DNA – whether it is turned on, turned off, partially turned off and when it is expressed). So even though the gene sequencing is the same (order of adenine, guanine, cytosine and thymine), amino acids such as cytosine can be turned on or off depending upon whether an epi-marker is wrapped around it or not, regulating it.
Parents are the reason babies are gay. Here are two ways fetuses develop to become homosexual.
1. HARDEST PARAGRAPH TO UNDERSTAND, BUT IT IS COOL! The embryo gets genes from the mother and father, and the epi-markers that were on the mother and father’s genes are supposed to be destroyed when the sperm and egg join to become a blastocyst, so that new epi-markers can be made in the fetus during development. Every once in awhile, an epi-marker from the mother or father slips through to the developing embryo. If the father passed on his epi-marker to a girl embryo, she will develop more masculine tendencies and be likely to be attracted to women. If she gets a huge amount of testosterone in the womb, she will get some masculine physical characteristics, such as more masculine private parts. Now this is interesting: If a woman passes on her epi-marker which wraps tightly and suppresses or shuts off the signaling from the developing brain of the fetus to absorb excess testosterone, the fetus will not absorb it as much. If this epi-marker from the mother goes to a female fetus, she will tend to grow up to be very “fit” and fertile and have a lot of babies. They have noticed that families that have alot of homosexuals also tend to have sisters and female relatives who have a lot of babies! Now, if the mother is having a boy, the fetus gets the pre-natal epi-marker from the mother, and he will tend to be feminized. He may or may not be gay, depending on the amount of testosterone that is suppressed and resisted.
If the father passes on an epi-marker from his prenatal genes, the son will grow up to be a straight man, but if the epi-marker goes to a girl in the womb, she will most likely be lesbian. He gave her his epi-marker that wrapped loosely around the DNA that is thus “turned on” and signaled in the brain of the developing fetus the absorption of a lot of testosterone in the womb.
2. Mothers who have many sons are more likely for each successive son to be homosexual. The female mother ends up with male chemicals in her system while pregnant because the male fetus produces H-Y antigens, and since she is female, those are seen as a foreign substance. She gets them in her bloodstream and builds up antibodies to fight these male substances, and then the antibodies can travel across the blood brain barrier to the fetus’ brain and altering sexual orientation.
These antibodies get stronger with each pregnancy and the H-Y antigens of subsequent male fetuses have a decreased ability to masculinize the brain,thereby allowing the fetus to be more feminized.
LISTING OF STUDIES
They have so many studies going right now with twins with blood samples, tissue samples, DNA methylation sequencing (methyl groups attach to cytosine as epi-markers and can suppress them) and Next Generation Sequencing(very fast mapping), High Density Resolution Images of the epi-markers themselves and studying the epi-genomes of semen of fathers of lesbians. There have been hundreds of studies on rats and primates and plants (because you can’t ethically pour chemicals on human fetuses). They are currently working on the International Human Epigenome projects that will map all markers, so results should become more known to the public soon.
FROM HERE DOWN IT IS EASIER TO UNDERSTAND
***We know from studying rats that exposure to sex hormones in the womb during a critical period in brain development affects future sexual orientation. By manipulating hormone levels during this time, scientists can make rats engage in homosexual behavior later on. So you can see this is physical! Not chosen at all.
***In mammals, a group of geneticists altered the sexual preferences of female mice by removing a single gene linked to reproductive behavior. Without the gene, the mice exhibited masculine sexual behavior and attraction toward urine of other female mice. Those mice who retained the gene were attracted to male mice. Physical!
In a Swedish study, they used an MRI Scanner and discovered that the brain of a homosexual is symmetrical where a straight man is asymmetrical. A lesbian brain is like the straight man’s brain, asymmetrical, and the straight woman is like the homosexual with a symmetrical brain. Physical!
They have measured in “adrenal hyperplasia” where there are high levels of testosterone in a female, the women are more masculinized with more same sex attraction. That should prove that chemicals such as testosterone affect sexuality. Physical!
1. There is more blood flow to the brain of one twin.
2. The nuclei in three parts of the hypothalamus are different in gay men than in straight, either larger or smaller.
3. The cells and neurons are more densely packed in homosexual brains than straight men’s brains.
4. The number of nerves in the homosexual brain is more similar to straight women.
5. Gay men's brains respond differently to a serotonin inhibitor.
6. Lesbians do not blink as much when startled and are the most similar to straight men. Straight women have a much stronger startle response. This response is in the limbic system and cannot be controlled. Totally physical!
7. Gay and non-gay people's brains respond differently two pheromones.
8. Finger length ratios between the index and ring fingers have been reported to differ, on average, between straight and lesbian women.
9. Gay men and lesbians are significantly more likely to be left-handed or ambidextrous than non-gay men and women;Hand preference is observable before birth.
10. Gay men have increased ridge density in the fingerprints on their left thumbs and pinkies.
11. Length of limbs and hands of gay men (white men only) is smaller, in general, compared to height.
Can anyone say at this point in reading this information that homosexuality is not physical and biological?